Thursday, June 16, 2005

Extended Two weeks notice
The NBA Finals only means something to me on the nights I work. Tonight I didn't, so I couldn't have cared less. Despite watching more of the NBA this year than ever, I now conclude I am a Cavaliers fan more than an NBA fan.
Still, Detroit rolled with pleasure tonight, evening the series with the Spurs.
So now it becomes a best of three series.
---
A thought for the day: When John Lennon sang "free the people now/ do it now," what exactly was he talking about? If Lennon were alive today, would he support the liberation of oppressed countries? Would he take a Hitchens-like stance on Iraq and Afghanistan? Or would he take the other position?
I can't say I know the answer to that question, but I seem to remember reading about Yoko Ono attending some Air America events.
I still contend that if Bill Clinton had done what the Bush administration has done, the left, or at least a greater portion of it would be there in support.
Now, some may argue, with a valid point, that they'd have greater faith in Clinton's decision making than Bush. But it is something to think about.
---
In six days, I will be attending a James Taylor concert. You can bet I'll write a report on it. Taylor's music may not exactly have evolved much over 35 years, but that's ok with me. He's so good at what he does, and when I found out he'd be around my home, I couldn't resist the chance to see a legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home