Sunday, March 20, 2005

Robbie Retires
Keeping it simple: From 1998-2001, Roberto Alomar was my favorite Indians' player. He came as advertised when he signed after a few seasons in Baltimore. He did everything well.
He remains the best player I have ever seen in an Indians uniform.
Today, nearly four years after the Indians inexplicably dealt him to New York for the equivalent of Jack's beanstock beans, he announced his retirement.
Deep down, I always wanted the Indians to bring him back. It's the one thing that I have yet to forgive GM Mark Shapiro for.
But he's a first ballot hall of famer. And for three years, it was wonderful to watch him play for my team.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ralomar had diminishing skills and is a selfish jerk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home