Friday, January 21, 2005

Michael Moore Hates America, Part 1,000
Some weeks after the election, I had a conversation with a confidante who up to that point in his life had shared every little detail with me.
"Who did you vote for?" I asked, only half -wanting to know.
"I'm not telling you," he said. "I will not give you the satisfaction either way."
So yes, "my guy" won. My confidant is a right-thinking (in spirit, not ideology) man with opinions that are both Republican and Democrat.
I think most of us are all-around politically. We are conservative on some issues, liberal on others, and usually voting on a the ones that mean the most to us.
Back to the story. A few weeks after that, my confidant let me know that he wasn't crazy about Bush or Kerry. He then mentioned something that Bush had done that he had disagreed with.
"Ok," I said. "But I, for one, am satisfied that if nothing else, Michael Moore cannot claim victory."
"That IS satisfying," the man said.
Michael Moore is the only filmmaker that I have ever loathed. I don't know the man, but I dislike his presentation and his sloppy (sort of) fact grabbing so much that I could not help but be drawn to a film with the title "Michael Moore Hates America."
In this blog, I have mentioned the film before, first in June and then later. I wrote that I wondered what Ebert would give the movie if he saw it, and what type of filmmaker Mike Wilson would turn out to be.
I haven't seen the film, so I don't know the answers.
But I do know that the film received the coveted "Two Thumbs Up" from Ebert and Roeper.
I have been searching for a review from Ebert, but so far have been unsuccessful.
Now I really want to see this movie.
For other reviews, look here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home