Thursday, September 30, 2004

"The Defining event of this campaign"--Tom Brokaw
-Well, at least the news media isn't over dramatizing this thing.
-"They will remain silent"--well, we'll see.
-God, Kerry doesn't even answer the first question. He starts by thanking Florida.
-Bush didn't either, for the record. This is going to be fun.

9:08
-So far, no questions answered directly.
-Kerry looks to have lost his tan.
-Kerry is mentioning miliatry leaders? How about Tommie Franks?
-12 minutes till Senator Kerry mentions his military service. That's a new record I think.

9:17
-Bush mistakenly called Bin Laden Saddam Hussein. Someone is going to have a field day.

10:15
The two candidates had me losing my sanity, so I made a few calls. As I said, I know who I'm voting for. Still, a call to someone close to me had me worried.
"Kerry's kicking his ass," the person said. I was worried that was coming accross too, since I am watching these things without the slightest bit of objectivity and a fair amount of paranoia.
I made another phone call to some one else special to me, who told me to stop watching the debates because they were driving me nuts. It's true. Kerry was making me crazy with his remarks about Bush "ignoring" the United Nations. If he didn't ignore them, he should have. The United Nations is a pretty corrupt organization (see, oil for food) and has more loopholes in its resolutions than a Don King boxing contract.
Bush's stammering also annoyed me. I kept thinking, "spit it out!" But I know that's just the way he communicates.
So I am now watching the Navy vs. Air Force football game on espn. Now there are some likely voters.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home