Friday, September 24, 2004

Fire in the hole
General Friday thoughts
-I am continually amused that some people are trying to link Cat Stevens to terrorism, rather than just calling it a mistake to not allow him into the country. He is a conservative muslim, but does that really make him a threat? He hasn't committed any crime, so it doesn't make sense to me.
Everyone, when talking about Cat, seems to point to a case 15 years ago, when he supposedly "condoned" the Ayatollah's call for the murder of author Salman Rushdie. But I believe that is a misconception, as if you look at what he said at the time, he didn't "condone" the call. He merely clarified why some in the muslim faith were calling for it. He explained what was said in the Koran, while not saying "this is correct."
Or maybe I give Cat more rope because I like his music. Even if he doesn't




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home