Monday, August 23, 2004

Professor passes away
One of my former history professors, Stuart Givens, passed away this past weekend at the age of 80. A World War II veteran, I found him to be more interesting than the subjects he taught, and found it remarkable he had the passion to teach college courses when he could have been out on the golf course.
That's dedication.
I remember him telling us on the last day of class he wouldn't be handing out teacher evaluations because, "When you get this old, they just don't care."
He was a good man and a good professor.
May he rest in peace.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Suss said...

In Spring 2003, he was a guest lecturer in my Canadian Studies class, and I remember it was boring.

That's all I remember of him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home