Friday, August 20, 2004

On the voice
Because god knows that after spending nearly 20 hours today staring at a computer, the first thing I want to do when I get home is stare at a computer.
President Bush is stopping in Lima next week, and the running joke around my office is that I will drop everything to go to his speech. Such is life when you are the lone conservative in an working area.
I remember what Professor Gerald Earl said in a lecture in my first few weeks in college in a mass com class.
He told us that he was conservative when he got into journalism, and the liberal bias that he believed existed has made him more and more conservative.
Maybe something similar is happening to me, although I haven't sensed any such bias where I work. (HA! Mr. Robinson is smiling) Even my family has remarked that they have noticed a turn to the right since moving. (Of course, I was never what you would call a liberal, as I discussed last week.)
Will I drop everything to see the President? No. I would probably rather catch up on sleep.
But part of me was hoping I would be asked to make the trip. I have never seen a president before, after all. (Well, except for when I was president of Pine Elementary school in 1991-1992. I won the election by rapping about Dr. Suess. More on this later. Let's just say he died the day of the speech, but BEFORE it took place. So I am in no way responsible. Still, it was pretty weird, even by my standards.)
So no, I will not be in Lima next week.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!!!

I cam across your site about solgar vitamin and thought "wow" we are on the same track.

Have you seen solgar vitamin ????

I know it is a UK site, but I know they ship worldwide.

Solgar are a great company and their solgar vitamin is one of the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home