Tuesday, June 29, 2004

News from up north
Given the reporting on Canada's election before yesterday, I was fairly interested to see which side came out on top. (I am not entirely sure, having read the articles, if either side could claim a complete victory)
Still, I was interested last night to see if the Conservatives could win control in Canadian parliment for the first time in 11 years.
Unfortunatley, my constant checking of American sites (Fox, CNN, etc.) provided no insight on the Canadian elections.
There was however, a VERY important article on the Olson twins and eating disorders.
I had to go onto cbc.ca to get the results.
I thought this to be a pretty big story, but apparently many in my country didn't agree.
Here's the story.
The thing is, how Canada (a member of NATO) and their elections turn out IS a big deal, and will have a ripple effect on Canadian-American relations.
But I guess it's not as important as ANOTHER story about the Olsen twins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home