Monday, June 28, 2004

Iraq's New sovereignty
So they did the handover of power today. Good for them. I can't see how this can be anything but positive. Hopefully, it will show Iraqis that they are the ones that will make this work ultimately. I am still hopeful that Iraq can be a lynch pin of sorts.
The thing is, I don't write about Iraq much, because I struggle with the ideas of war. Today I got up and drove to work and did my job, which required a few phone calls and putting my fingers to the keys. That was it. I didn't put my life at risk to save a country that is miles and miles away. I believe the soldiers to be fighting a worthy and justified cause.
But it's easy for me to write from Kenton OH.
You know what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home