Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Michael Moore Hates America
Last week I admitted on this blog that I am not a fan of Michael Moore, which I guess is kind of like saying that I am not a Yankees fan.
Apparently I am not the only one.
It did come as a bit of a surprise to me that Moore's movie Farenheit 9/11 came in first at the box office last week. But given the hype of the film, generated by both the left and the right--I guess it is not that surprising. I am not planning on seeing the film, mainly because the idea of putting money in the man's pocket makes me cringe.
However, it's not unlike me to change my mind at a moments notice--I am interested in the subject matter, which is more than I can say for White Chicks. It wouldn't surprise me if I cave at some point and see the film.
At least then I can fairly criticize it. As I said, I have trouble being fair with Michael Moore.
But a young director, who apparently knows as much about self promotion as Moore, is also making a biased film, this one called Michael Moore Hates America. I liked the trailers for it, but then again, I tend to be biased towards the right and against Michael Moore in general.
Mike Wilson, the director, looks to get an interview with Michael Moore, while exposing the good in America, which the director claims--Moore hates.
Anyway, draw your own conclusions. Here are the trailers, featuring Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller.
Note: I am certainly not above making errors. For the first half hour I had this posted, Penn's name was spelled wrong.
Instant Karma is gonna get ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home