Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Trying Times
Because of a school bored meeting, I missed the president's speech last night. In my most optimistic moments, I believe that he is right, and that a free Iraq is possible and will help stabalize the region.
In my most pessimistic moments, I think like Dick Morris, who has encouraged the administration (via his column) to abandon the idea of a free Iraq in favor of political survival.
I guess my question to my friends who support the president fervently on the war in Iraq is this: Is a free Iraq more important than four more years of Bush as President?
No matter how positive things may end up in Iraq, progress may not be enough for the President to overcome come November. His dedication to Iraq's freedom may cost him the White House.
I'm sure my liberal friends would be happy to see Bush go regardless, but to my conservative friends, I pose the question.
Dick Morris seems to believe instability in Iraq will be a major strike against the president.
Looking at recent polls, in which only 44% of Americans say the war was worth it, there may be some truth to that argument.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog - vitamin information **!**

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home