Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Then on Tuesday ...
Hectic mornings seem to be the norm right now, as in spring sports, so many teams play so often.
I read a column by Cal Thomas on President Bush's secret weapon. What's the weapon? His wife, Laura.
I am a big Laura Bush fan, which probably shocks no one. I also liked Barbera Bush a great deal. The thing is, I don't think that a spouse has that much to do with a candidate winning or losing. If it did, Shirley Jones and Florence Henderson would have been married by a politician long ago. Maybe Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice will try to marry Ben Affleck too, see that he's now available. Boy, imagine the kids that could come from that.
Sometimes I worry about the way my mind works.
Basically, the point is that I doubt the first lady has all that much to do with whether the president gets re-elected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home