Sunday, April 11, 2004

Sunday Night
Congratulations to Phil Mickelson, who won one of the most exciting golf tournaments I have ever seen. He holed a birdie on the 18th to win.
Anyway, the Indians lost again, as I have begun to wonder just what the point of the team is at this point.

McCain has decided not to run with John Kerry, to which I say "bravo." Yeah, I am not the biggest Bush fan these days, but I have never been a fan of Kerry, so it's kind of a push. A push of the republican candidate, that is.
Here is my issue with the election. It has started really early, as we have seen the worst of both candidates in the last few weeks. Bush reprimanding a reporter for not calling him "Mr. President" makes him come off badly.
One of the things I have always liked about the president is his ability to relate to people in a one-on-one setting. His reaction last week has the opposite effect.
If someone doesn't call me "Mr. Assistant Sports Editor at work, "I" don't flip out.
Someone told me this week that George Bush I advised against an Iraq invasion. I am not surprised if this is true, given Bush I's disdain for Donald Rumsfeld and other hawks in the current administration.
Regardless, I am still backing the decision to oust Mr. Hussein. He just had to go, in my opinion. Whether the costs are worth it, well, I know they rarely are in war, at least to many.
I sometimes wonder what would happen if George Bush I was in office now.
Despite my reservations, I am still behind the president and the current effort. But it would be unwise to follow blindly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home