Monday, March 15, 2004

I Wonder who he's talking about

John Kerry is at it again. His claim about "foreign leaders" supporting him, while not being able to name names, reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Harrison Ford asks someone who they have working on a problem and they reply: "Top men."
"What top men?" he persists.
"TOP MEN."
This is the problem with Kerry. Personally, I could care less about what foreign leaders want. I'm sure his description of himself as an "internationalist" plays well with the liberal intellectual crowd, but forgive me if I take a pass at such remarks. Internationalism only is an idealistic term. It only exists when some country thinks they can gain the most by being alligned.
George Bush 1 was able to mobilize the international community in 1991, a war which, I believe, Kerry opposed. But the internationalists supported it, right John?
Plus, I am pretty sure the international community has there own stuff to think about right now, and hopeful John Kerry is not one of them.
Two points:
I don't care about what the rest of the world wants for my country.
If he's going to say that, I'D like to know who it is he's talking about. But I guess this ranks up there with Nixon's SECRET plan to end the Vietnam War.
Here's the story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home