Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Almost there
Music, sports, politics, all have been covered here, but there are a few things I don't write about. I haven't written about the fact that the reason that I am here, the reason I am able to live the way that I do, write the way that I do, think the way that I do, is because of my parents.
Tonight when I went to the Ada Sports banquet, I saw parents. At the same time, I saw hope.
I am not a parent. Someday I hope to be, but probably not anytime soon. My parents are always there when I need to sound off. My mom listens to me rant for 45 minutes, calms me down, and instills me with common sense. My dad is my conscience, giving me the answers I need to hear, not always the ones I want to hear.
They are wonderful, honest, loving people. I miss them, but I hope I am doing them proud in Kenton.
The point is that there are people in our lives we need to say thank you to, and sometimes we don't. Watching parents look on proudly as their sons and daughters received awards, made me think about how my mom and dad made it to every school play they could, every concert, every banquet.
So Mom, Dad, I love you, and in case I haven't said it enough lately, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home