Monday, April 16, 2007

An Interview with me
I'm pretty sure this is the only interview I have ever given, and it came two days before I graduated from BG in December of 2003.
My good friend Dan Gedney conducted this interview, and came up with the questions. I am kind of surprised this interview is still archived.
Almost four years later, I have to chuckle at some of my answers, and I think it shows why I should never be interviewed. Some of the highlights:
"I don't like cocky people generally."

"There's a difference between being witty and trying to be witty. It's not funny if everyone knows your trying to be funny."

And my personal favorite answer, when asked about my favorite athlete of all time.

Muhammad Ali. For me he just sort of personifies cool. I don't like cocky people generally, but he was cocky and he backed it up. I don't mind cocky people if they back it up. He was retired before I was born, but just his presence, I still love that."

Some thoughts, four years later:
- Me saying I don't like cocky people is like Kate Walsh saying she doesn't like redheads.
- There is, I still believe, a difference between being witty and trying to be witty. No one has shown that more over the last three and a half years than me.
-See, now if someone else had given an answer like I did on the athlete question, I'd mock them to no end. How can my favorite athlete be someone who wasn't even active when I was born? Why didn't I just say Jesse Owens?

I'm surprised Dan was able to conduct the interview with a straight face.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home