Friday, April 20, 2007

Casey Blake Watch
Thursday against the Yankees:
Five at-bats, no hits, two strikeouts, seven left on base.

In fairness, I thought his grounder hits to Alex Rodriguez in the ninth should have been ruled a hit instead of an error. If it had been ruled a hit, Blake would have had his first hit with runners in scoring position, and an RBI.

I like how Eric Wedge rests Andy Marte and Josh Barfield when they are struggling, but sticks with Blake, as if he will somehow magically change as a player at 33.
In response to Erik's comment below:
Tom Hamilton relayed this little bit from Eric Wedge during today's game:"Casey Blake is the perfect teammate. He just goes out and plays hard no matter where you put him."

Well, Eric Wedge, I'll play hard and play wherever you put me too. It doesn't mean I should be in the big leagues. Playing hard is one thing (and I will never doubt Blake's effort). Playing well is another.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home