Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Christopher Hitchens to Bill Maher's idiot audence
"F*** you."--said with a middle finger extended.
Hey, that's mild. I have always been amazed at the type of crowds Maher attracts. Hitchens said this about George W. Bush, when pressed on if he was stupid:
"I've been on the Jon Stewart show; I've been on your show. I've seen you make about five George Bush jokes a night. There's no one I know who can't do it. You know what I think? This is now the joke that stupid people can laugh at."
That's exactly how I've felt. And Hitchens isn't done.
"I was at Oxford with Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is more intelligent in some ways; better educated than George Bush. But Bill Clinton would change his mind according to the last expert he met, or the last book he read. George Bush knows one thing ... These people mean us harm; they are our enemies. There is no compromise with them ..."
Bill Maher made more tasteless jokes, proving he's not as smart as he thinks.
"Behead and Shoulders," with former Sen. Max Clelend laughing along.
It continues to amaze me how Maher is tough with conservatives (or in this case, Christopher Hitchens), then throws softballs to Markos Moulitsas, asking him "Why are you the biggest blogger?"
Moulitsas says Bush is at 30 percent approval. According to RCP, Bush is closer to 40. Not good by an means, but there is a difference.
Hitchens coughed a word after the interview, but I couldn't hear it.
Maher called Hillary Clinton a "nice person."
I'm also constantly amused that "liberals" talk about the polarazation of the people, like it's Karl Rove's doing. Does Maher read Daily Kos?
I'll say this for Maher: He's one of the few people who gets me to write long political posts. Generally, you have to make me angry to do that.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good comments on Maher and Christopher Hitchens. Hitchens is my absolute favorite guest on Maher's show and his intellect beats Bill's snarky humor all day long.

Now re your comments on Carson Palmer and the Bengals, I have one question: Are you smoking crack? Carson is probably "one of the five top quarterbacks"? LOL. Try number three at worst and a very persuasive case can be made for number two behind Manning. Perhaps you'd put your Kent State dynamo, Charlie Frye, up there? The defense is greatly improved and Marvin Lewis is on track to repeat his success on that side of the football as he did with Baltimore and Washington. Really, you should be more careful. You sound like a bitter old Browns fan who's pissed off cause they're on the outside looking in and will be for the foreseeable future. Face it, Bentley's done, Frye's out of his league and your team stinks. By the way, Art Modell sends his regards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home