Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bonds
What it comes down to is this: Do you believe Barry Bonds, or do you believe the writers who have staked their entire journalism careers on this story.
I'm a sports journalist. I know how much verification you need before you run with a story like this. I also imagine Sports Illustrated has the best fact-checkers in the business.
But lets curb the dramatics for a moment. Did anyone really believe Barry Bonds was clean? This is really just telling me what I already knew. Bonds was cheating, and the era is tarnished.
Blame is dispatched to the owners, the players and even the media. I'm ashamed I didn't get bcome aware of it until an off-hand remark by my dentist is 1996. Even then, no one investigated it, and no one called for an investigation until it was beyond obvious.
In some ways, those of us who love the sport have to be accountable for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home