Monday, September 19, 2005

Palmer fired
In the glow of the Browns' first win of the season, I have to send out a "good luck" message to former coach Chris Palmer, fired today as offensive coordinator by the Houston Texans. I am not entirely sure how no offensive line is his fault, but no matter. I can't speak for Palmer as a football coach, because he had nothing to work with in Cleveland and really, lacked talent in Houston. But every account I've ever read says nothing but good about the man.
Palmer was given a raw deal with the Browns, and it seemed things might work out in Houston.
Still, from Browns fans everywhere who appreciate the way you understood the legacy, good luck, Mr. Palmer.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palmer isn't entirely absolved for what happened in Cleveland. He has a good football head, but I questioned his ability to lead a team effectively. He needs to go to Bill Belichick finishing school and learn about the difference between being a coach and coordinator if he ever wants to be an NFL head coach again.

 
At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is unrelated...But can we get an update on the panel picks?

I want to see how much ground I have to make up.

J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home