Monday, July 11, 2005

Top five reasons you can't blame ...
Me for not watching the show. In truth, there are two reasons for avoiding ESPN's latest "list" show. I think we've reached a point in society where we no longer exist in the present. We just talk in the present about the existence of the past.
Well, at least in sports. And pop culture. And CNN. And on this site.
Look, I will avoid any show that asks me to sympathize with Art Modell. I don't hate the man, but I just can't see his perspective.
That's the first reason I don't watch it.
The second is pure english.
I can't blame someone? Uh, I can blame anyone for anything.
I can blame my hearing the song "You Light Up My Life" on my belief that there is, in fact a hell.
I just choose not to. I think.
The show should be called "You shouldn't Blame ..."
A least that would make sense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home