Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My Tribe report card: 1B
Not to steal Erik's thunder; long-time readers may remember I did this last year. This time I will break it up by position.
First Base
Ben Broussard : .258; 9; 36.
Broussard reminds me of Hal Morris of the Reds some 10 years ago. He was servicable, somewhat consistent, but not an all-star. He is a strak hitter, so his stats will always average out, but also likely reflect what he did in the last week and a half of the season. He could finish a .280 or .250 hitter; neither is a stretch.
Grade: B-

Jose Hernandez: .236; 3; 16.
I actually believe Hernandez could be a major asset down the stretch. The key is playing time. If he could get more, he could be effective. At the moment, he hasn't been able to stay loose. It's also important to note that the only way he gets playing time is if the Indians give up on Aaron Boone.
Grade: C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home