Friday, June 10, 2005

On Boone
Erik is right; I am very high on Aaron Boone. I chose the players on the list because I liked them, either as players or as people. In 1999, Aaron Boone drove me crazy at a Reds-Rockies' game. In his first three at-bats, Aaron saw nine pitches, swung at all of them, missed all of them, and retreated to the bench.
In his final at-bat, with the game on the line in the ninth, he swung at the first pitch and lined out to left. The Reds lost.
But I became a big fan of Aaron because the more I watched him, the more I admired the way he played the game.
Hal McCoy, possibly the best baseball writer of all-time, called Boone his favorite player of all time. Hal has seen it all, and that has to say something.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger Suss said...

Actually, in all fairness, McCoy hasn't seen much of anything.

I'm not going to hell for making fun of the blind. My hellbound status is for many other defilements of nature.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home