Saturday, April 30, 2005

Frist
Would I vote for Bill Frist? Well, I don't know too much about him, but my early impressions of the man are not promising. I have already seen his name mentioned as a candidate in 2008, but that is far away. We just got done with one election, let's enjoy the break from the commercials.
I would always prefer a moderate Republican, one that is able to escape the "religious right" stigma. I worry that if the media and others keep repeating that the Republicans are controlled by the religious right, people will believe it, true or not. There is certainly a strong tie in between republicans and the Jerry Fallwell types, but I don't vote that way, and Bush didn't win the election because of some religious uprising.
There is a view that perception is reality. If something is said over and over, people believe it to be true. I am always concerned when a faction of a party becomes too powerful, but I don't believe we are at that point yet.
Have we heard much about the gay marriage amendment lately?
No. But we have heard Laura Bush telling jokes about being a "Desperate Housewife" and about going to a strip club with Condi (I use Condi because I can never spell her name correctly) Rice.

Dolan
Credit? Not yet. I'll let Erik make that case. I would argue that if the Indians start winning, they will draw well again. Not as well as in the mid 90s, but well.
Dolan's philosophy seems to be if we draw, we win. That's always been my take on it.
The problem is that three years ago, Mark Shapiro mentioned 2005 as "the season." Shapiro has also been forced to look like a fool, going out and telling the fans that the ability to improve the club is dependent on attendance.
Yeah, that's an exciting sales pitch, especially when choosing between LeBron James and Ben Broussard.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been searching the web for solgar vitamin
, then I found solgar vitamin


Great site - check it out for solgar vitamin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home