Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rockumentaries
Ah, my latest thing. I just got done watching Gimme Shelter. This is after taking in the six days it required to sit through Woodstock. Everyone talks about the 60s, and the greatness of the period. I was born 11 years after the 60s ended, and I never really "got" them. I assume it's because I didn't live then. Of course, I don't really get the 90s and 80s either.
But the 60s, and the lingo, and the flower-power,and the 500,000 unwashed in upstate New York, well, I don't know. Why would anyone want to go three days without a shower, to sit with the masses to hear bands play out of tune? (Woodstock is very musically disappointing. I understand why,but I guess I thought that given its hype, the music would be, I don't know, decent?)
The thing is, I LOVE the music of the late 60s. I love Janis and Hendrix and The Who. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young produced some of the most moving music I've ever heard.
I guess I understand the civil rights, I understand the fear of Vietnam. What I don't understand is what came with it.
And I really don't understand why Woodstock needed two more versions of itself. Fred Durst is no Ritchie Havens.
I know, this doesn't really make sense, but then neither did the Woodstock era. This is not to knock it. I guess you had to be there, at least in my case.

The Bush Tapes
Is there a real reason these were released? We're not exactly talking the missing eight minutes of Nixon here. George Bush pretty much said what he has said since 2000. So I guess the message here is that he talks the same in private as in public?
Wow, a politician who says what he really thinks. Weird. (OK, my partisan Bush support likely showed in that remark.)

24
Boy Aisha Tyler has come a long way since being the love triangle between Joey and Ross on Friends. You'd think that by now the evil doers in the world would figure out that instead of trying all these complicated schemes that never seem to work, they should pool all of their money and try to kill Jack Bauer. Though, I am not entirely certain he CAN be killed. He was hit by a car last week, and wasn't even limping in this episode.
I still love the show though.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - great minds eh????

gnc vitamin

just check this one out .... gnc vitamin resources!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home