Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Just Around the Corner
- Some things you just need to smile about. Not that the Cat Stevens situation is really one of them, but I wonder how many people, when reading about his situation, went out to a record store and bought an album of his. I am playing my Cat Stevens CD as I write this.

-My friend Nick and I discussed the weirdness of the whole thing, both certain that Yussef Islam (spelling) is no threat to our national security. Yes, there will be mishaps in this system, and they are played out greater when a celebrity (or at least former celebrity) is involved.

-The problem of course, is that this will become a joke on the national scale. But what can be done? My joke was "Gee, looks like Cat's being followed by more than a Moon Shadow." But what happens when this system DOES catch someone that has evil intentions? Is it worth it? I have no idea.

-Despite this, I believe Yussef is a peaceful man, despite some opinions to the contrary 15 years ago, and I am sure this was a bad, forgettable experience for him. Sometimes I wish he was still writing, because he was so good, but that's neither here nor there.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach, the cat is still writing, recently penning Angel of War to the tune of lady darbunville and also recording several Islamic albums.
Love,
your brother

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Zach said...

I knew that, but I guess I meant writing the way he used to, where he wasn't afraid to use instruments.

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!!!

I cam across your site about omnium solgar and thought "wow" we are on the same track.

Have you seen omnium solgar ????

I know it is a UK site, but I know they ship worldwide.

Solgar are a great company and their omnium solgar is one of the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home