Saturday, September 04, 2004

Coon dog races
OK, here's how I figure it.
Step one: They release the hounds on a mile long chase after a raccoon. The raccoon is protected in some kind of box.

Step two: They chase the raccoon to a pole, where the raccoon then is released and runs up the pole.

Step three: The first dog to reach the pole is declared the winner. The first dog to bark at the perched raccoon is also considered a winner.

Do I have this right?

I have been told that this weekend-long event is what Hardin County and Kenton in particular are most known for. Having met some people and walked around with my friend and co-worker Dan, I have come to two indisputable conclusions:

1. These people like their guns.
2. These people like their tattoos.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. But to quote Randy Newman:
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before
I'm so scared, I don't wanna see no more


We didn't have this stuff in Cleveland. It's definitely a change.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog - vitamin k **!**

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home