Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tampa Bay strangeness
-How in the world has Tampa Bay won 12 in a row? Lou Pinella is a heck of a manager, there's no question about that, but is he THAT good? I think the answer is yes. Talent-wise, the Reds of 1990 probably would have come in second, but under Pinella's fiery leadership, they won the whole thing.
I'm not saying the Devil Rays will be a playoff team this season, but I can't think of a better manager for the team as they mature than Lou Pinella. He's the manager Eric Wedge wants to be.
-Speaking of my beloved tribe, they came back from an 8-0 deficit to take a 9-8 lead last night, then went onto lose. I was excited for a moment yesterday, when reading that Dick Jacobs was interested in buying back the Indians. I just can't be overly optimistic as long as the team is owned by the Dolans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home