Friday, June 30, 2006

The feud continues
Hawk Harrelson took time in the ninth inning today to address one of his favorite people. He started by talking about Cubs' reliever Scott Eyre. The former Indians outfielder turned Chicago broadcaster started out normal enough. Then something happened.
"When Scottie was with (the White Sox), he was one of my favorite people. He was just a fun guy to be around. Never says a bad word about anybody or anything ... He's just like Jay Mariotti."
Thank god for TIVO. I knew more was coming
"Just like Mariotti. Where is he anyway? We got the Sox and the Cubs; we got the NBA draft (?), and where is Mariotti?"
Sox commentator Darren Jackson advised Harrelson to watch his blood pressure.
"I'll tell ya, he somethin.' It's starting to go up. Everytime I think about that hiney bird."
I think that's what he said. I've never heard the expression before. Thankfully, Hawk helps us out.
"(The producer says) I better be careful, because if the commissioner finds out what a hiney bird is, I'm lible to go in for sensitivity classes."
Still, the funniest comments were yet to come.
"I know one thing. I know Bud Selig, and Bud Selig's done a hell of a job as commissioner of this game. No matter what people say, he's done a hell of a job."
HA! Now, that's comedy. A steroid scandal, a canceled World Series, competitive imbalance. Yeah. A Hell of a job indeed.
Hawk just keeps going.
"In fact, in all the years I've been here ... of all the commissioners, by far, Buddy's done the best of any of them."
Wow.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM , Blogger Suss said...

Did he also praise Isiah Thomas?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home