Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A tribute to my dog; a tribute to my friend
From the moment my parents brought her home in 1991, Heidi was a close friend.
She was there when I won student council president in fifth grade.
She was there when I was pushed around in middle school because I was so small. Very few of my friends stuck with me the whole time, but Heidi was one of them. She was a great listener.
Heidi was always there. I walked her, talked to her and played with her for 15 years.
Today was a day I knew was coming, but didn't want to think about. Still, after a decade and a half of loyalty, friendship and companionship, it's hard to be upset. I'm thankful she was there for my family for so long.
I love you, and I'll miss you.
Heidi (1991-2006).

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM , Blogger Joel said...

Zach--
Sorry to hear about your friend. With pets from home having gone through the same thing, it's not an easy time, but I'm sure you know she's better off, and it seems like you two had plenty of good times together.

I'm sure you've gotten the impression that I'm smitten with Smiley (who just turned 2 this week, meaning I've had her for a year, which is crazy), and I can't imagine her not being around.

I'm sure she enjoyed all of your time together as much as you did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home