Thursday, December 08, 2005

25 years
There is no story in music like the assassination of John Lennon.
The man was more than a musician, he was a world icon of popular culture. In my earlier days, I read as much as I could find about the man who died some seven months after I was born.
I grew my hair like his, wore glasses like his, and listened to as much of his music as I could.
In college, when we brought in our favorite album for a class poject, mine was Imagine.
Time has allowed me to get into other things and other musicians.
But I still have a picture of Lennon in my apartment. He's standing in front of the Statue of Liberty giving the peace sign.
The man is gone, but the music remains. Lennon only lived 40 years, but produced so much in that short time that he became a legend.
He will continue to inspire future generations with his music, his thoughts and his spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home