Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Swear jar
About a year ago, I mentioned that I had a no swearing policy for this blog.
It didn't last. Whether describing presidential debates, steroids or Dennis Kucinich, the rating on this blog had to have been increased from "G" to "PG-13."
What disturbs me more is how many times I use four letter words in my daily life.
For the last several years, my swearing has become very evident to anyone who has spent more than 25 minutes with me.
The most inappropriate? Muttering a curse during a set of music while in college. Luckily, there were not any children in the area ... I don't think.
Finally, yesterday, I decided to start a swear jar. Every time I swear, I pop in a quarter. through two days, I am up to $3.50.
Originally, I wanted to donate the money at the end of each month to a good cause. But then that would just encourage me to swear more. So now, I have the ultimate way to stop swearing.
Every quarter will go to Hillary Clinton's re-election campaign in New York.
That will get me to stop really quickly.
Seriously, I'll just donate the money to a charity.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home