Saturday, September 11, 2004

Occupational Hazard
Two things happened of note today at a volleyball game I was covering.
-The first was that before the match began, I was working with my camera when I was blindsided by a volleyball. The ball hit me just above the jaw and was coming at a fast enough velocity to shake me up a little bit. So much so that the coach of the team I was covering asked about my condition following the game. My first physical battle scar in covering sports.

-The second was that as the coach was lending money to his son before his interview with me, he asked me, "Do you have kids?"
Speaking of blindsides. I still AM the one borrowing money from my parents, and I sometimes forget I am even physically capable of having a child.
But then I remember I am 24 and not 14 anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home