Monday, July 26, 2004

From shore to shore
There is probably a great deal to talk about this week, particularly with what is going on in Boston this week.
But I will not be watching.
Politics can be very interesting, but I am fairly convinced that political conventions have become little more than glorified infomercial.
I'll watch baseball instead.
-Speaking of baseball, and sports in general, I watch sports to get away from politics and seriousness in general.
So imagine my frustration when I turned on ESPN to watch the Yankees-Red Sox game, and saw John Kerry on camera every five minutes, giving the "politician high-five" every time the Sox did something well.
If that wasn't bad enough, George Stephanopolis was in the booth with the announcers during the eighth inning talking.
John Kerry has already proven to me that he's not a baseball fan (since he can't tell David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez apart) and that's fine. No one should choose a political candidate for those reasons.
But as a baseball fan, it sure can get annoying to see a pretender in the first row. I want those seats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home