Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Wrestlers

This is my list of my top 10 wrestlers ever. These are my favorites, and the reasons why they are. HHH is not on this list, but you already knew that.
Zach

UPDATE:
How could I have left Vader and Sting off this list? sigh.

1. Ric Flair: The best wrestler ever, the best talker ever. He won the best Royal Rumble ever, and wrestled in the best match ever, and the best wrestlemania match ever. A total professional who puts everyone else over just by being in the ring ever. Simply the best.
2. Rock: The most entertaining performer of the last 10 years. He does it all, and makes good movies. And he has jobbed to all of the following in the last five years: Mick Foley, HHH, Al Snow, Big Bossman, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, The Hurricane, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Goldberg, Billy Gunn, Brock Lesner. Read that list over and see how many people Rock has put over, in comparison to other big stars. You da man Rock.
3. Jeff Jarrett: Jeff looks a lot like me. Plus he can work, talk and run an overall fun promotion. He may never be back in WWE. Another reason to hate Vince McMahon. They call him unprofessional. I say, he jobbed to CHYNA!!!!!!! You’re still my man, Jeff.
4. Ted Dibiase: The best heel ever. A great worker who never won a world title. Another reason to hate Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan. Dibase could make anyone look good, and always did. On top of all that, he is a professional and by all accounts a good man. He is no longer in the business, which is too bad.
5. Curt Hennig: I never really felt so bad about a wrestlers death (save Owen Hart), as I did for Hennig. Mr. Perfect was the best character of his era, and surprisingly, could work well as a face too. Who’d have thought that in 1990? I miss Curt. He remains one of my favorites.
6. Raven: He does everything well. Works, talks, is just beyond awesome. But he has no real world title pushes and has had trouble beating his addictions. Seems to have done it now, and good for him.
7. Rick Steamboat: He brought class to his programs, a tremendous wrestler who had the best matches ever against Ric Flair. Not much of a talker, but who cares. Put him in the ring against anyone and he ruled. Oh, and his match against number 8.
8. Randy Savage: OOOH YEAH. Great talker, great worker who could work as a face or a heel. His match with Ric Flair at Wrestlemania eight remains my favorite WWF match of all time.
9. Bret Hart: I hated him at times, but began to appreciate him in 2000 when I rented some old tapes and watched him carry Roddy Piper, Kevin Nash and others to great matches. Definetly not a great talker, but effective enough, and always a good worker.
10: Hulk Hogan: As much as I dislike him now, he was the reason I followed wrestling in 1991 and 1997. He never could work, but remains one of the Most popular wrestlers of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home