Sunday, March 28, 2004

Back in Kenton
After a relaxing and much needed break in my beloved home town, I am back in Kenton today. I feel like I am going to have a bit more energy this week, and think I will need it.
The Indians made another non-sensical deal today, trading Ricky Gutierrez to the Mets for a player to be named. If you're like me you're beginning to wonder if they even WANT to win games anymore. I also don't know where this newfound "loyalty" to certain players is used as reasoning for deals. I am not a John Macdonald-hater or anything, but why do the Indians keep treating this guy like the second coming of Roy Macmillan, when he is more likely the poor man's Felix Fermin.
And before you bring up the money, you should recognize that the Indians are paying a large portion of Ricky's salary, NOT to play for the team.
But I'm sure Lou Merloni will be an all star.
Shapiro and Wedge are on the same page of the same book, but that book appears to be a novel written by William Shakespeare, which almost never has a happy ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home